In order to set up a new Chatbot on Instagram, you will need to first configure your Instagram account according to these 4 steps:
- Make sure you have a Business Account on Instagram. You can see this on the Instagram app. Go to your profile, and then select the menu in the top right. Select Settings, and then select Account.
- If you don´t have a Business account you will need to convert your personal profile to a business profile. Scroll to the bottom of Account, select Switch Account Type, and then Switch to Business Account.
- Connect your Instagram business account to your Facebook Page. You must be the admin of the Facebook Page.
- Note: Only one Instagram profile can be connected to a Facebook Page and vice versa
- Open your Facebook Page. Select Settings from the left menu and then Select Instagram.
- To add an Instagram account to your Page, select Connect account.
- Verify that the "Allow access to Instagram messages in Inbox" is toggled on and then click Continue. Enter your Instagram account's username and password, and select Log in.
- On Instagram, tap on your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap Settings > Privacy > Messages and make sure that the "Allow access to Instagram messages in Inbox" is toggled on
This step is not required, but it is recommended to enhance the chatbot´s perfromance.
- On Facebook Business Suite desktop, turn off Automated responses.
- Click on Inbox from your sidebar on the left-hand side. Click Automated responses.
- Turn off any automated response by clicking on the toggle button. It will be grey when it's off.
- Click the blue Save button in the top right-hand corner before you exit.
- You can turn off only the Instagram responses if needed.
By following these 4 steps, you are now ready to activate Cliengo´s chatbot on Instagram! 😁
Note: Please note that the Instagram Chatbot is still a version Beta.
Please sign in to leave a comment.