What is Google Analytics?
Integration with Google Analytics Universal (GA) is used to record all the interactions of your Chat and Forms so that you can track the actions on your site. Make sure you have your Google Analytics tracking code and the Cliengo code on each page of your site.
What is an event and what do I need to see it in my Analytics account?
An event corresponds to the name of a specific action on a website, such as clicking a button, opening the Cliengo Widget, submitting a form, etc.
They can be measured in terms of the people who entered the site and interacted with the Chatbot
What is necessary for the events to be generated? Only two things
- Have installed the Cliengo Script and the Chatbot is active
- Have the Analytics tracking script installed correctly on the page where the chatbot is
How do I set up the Cliengo Chatbot Events?
This process is automatic, without the need for configuration, from both Cliengo and Analytics.
If the website where the Cliengo Chatbot is installed has an Analytics Tracking Script, it will automatically recognize events that come from the Chatbot Plugin, so they will be imported into your personal Analytics account (In the account, property and View that have the code UA-XXXXXXX-X)
Automatically the Cliengo Widget is active, we can see that the events are imported in Google Analytics
Viewing Google Analytics reports
Click Behavior in the left menu and click "Events."
Click "Overview" to see a list of event categories.
How to configure Google Analytics for event tracking
The event categories are:
- Chat: All actions related to chat.
- Whatsapp: Actions related to Whatsapp Widget
- Form: Actions related to forms.
Then if we click on Chat and select as primary dimension: "Event action"
You can see a list of every event Cliengo´s chatbot can send
And the ones from Whatsapp Widget
What do each label mean?
- Chatbot_Sent_a_Message: Runs every time the Cliengo chat robot sends a new message to the site visitor. They are only counted once the visitor wrote at least one message in the chat.
- Visitor_Sent_a_Message: It is executed every time a visitor sends a message to its operators.
- Chat_Started: This event is executed every time a visitor first responds to the chat, starting a new chat conversation.
- Chat- Opened: It is executed every time a person enters the web page and the chat opens to start the conversation.
- Second_Message: It is executed when the client writes in the chat a second comment.
- Conversion: This event is executed when the chat robot determines that it has a new Lead (or client). This occurs when the robot has already received at least one email or contact phone number from the visitor.
- Convertion: Deprecado. Use Conversion.
In Whatsapp Widget
- Form_opened: Customer has clicked on the WhatsApp button and the form has been displayed
- Conversion: Customer has sent his name, phone and message
Create Goals from Cliengo Events in Analytics
To create a goal in Google Analytics makes it possible to post certain actions on your website, so it will be very useful for Google Ads campaigns that work for offers / bids based on the cost per acquisition or Conversion.
To configure an Event in Analytics, from Cliengo events, we must follow these steps
- Go to Analytics.google.com , go to the lower left corner and click on the cogwheel, in Manage
- Go to the Property column and click on targets.
- Click on the new event button, in red color and configure it as a personalized objective and then as an event type
- In the event configuration, the system asks us for four text fields: category, action, label, value. The first two will be mandatory, the second two must be empty and we must complete them with the information we want to measure, from the board above
- Finally this is saved and then the target can be exported for Google Ads and other tools that Analytics allows
As an example I have the conversion event which is useful for me to measure the amount of Leads generated, finally. This utility will be of help when you want to measure the effectiveness of the Chatbot, on the total income to my site.
This is just the starting point for using Google Analytics! You can now set up Goals and other reports to track how you use our product, our chatbot, and all the other data Analytics provides to help you get the most out of your website!
Article is closed for comments.