The triggered responses feature is aimed at extending and enhancing the possibilities of the Cliengo chatbot, allowing you to add answers to common questions that your clients may ask while chatting.
How It Works:
1) From the Chatbot → Responses section you can access this screen:
You will be able to choose if you would like the trigger match to be exact, contains or intelligent.
- Exact: the trigger match will be exactly the word or phrase as you have written it. The answer will only be triggered if your visitor writes the word or phrase exactly as you have set it. This method is recommended if you consider that the word will always be written individually.
- Contains: the answer will be triggered if the visitor writes a phrase or word that contains the phrases or words in your configuration or if the word is written in a similar way but the match is not exact.
- Intelligent (recommended): Cliengo will try to understand the meaning of the word even when it doesn't match exactly the one that you have configured. In this method, the chatbot will try to identify the root of the word and identify its derivatives, it will take it to their minium expression, that's why this method is recommended to use with a minimum of two words.
- Regex (advanced): There is a fourth option available to program regular expressions. This option should only be used if you have some coding knowledge. You can find more information about regex here.
In addition to this, you can pause the conversation once that answer is triggered until the visitor sends another message
Keep in mind to add variations on how clients usually ask the questions, as this is how the Cliengo will learn to detect when the question is asked.