The triggered responses feature is aimed at extending and enhancing the possibilities of the Cliengo chatbot, allowing you to add answers to common questions that your clients may ask while chatting.
How It Works:
1) From the Chatbot → Responses section you can access this screen:
2) It is possible to add limitless automated responses here. For instance:
Keep in mind to add variations on how clients usually ask the questions, as this is how the Cliengo will learn to detect when the question is asked.
NEW TRIGGERED RESPONSES VERSION (BETA)
if you have the new version of our Responses screen then you will be able to configure your triggered answers with some extra options:
Now, you will be able to choose if you would like the trigger match to be exact, contains or intelligent.
- Exact: the trigger match will be exactly the word or phrase as you have written it. The answer will only be triggered if your visitor writes the word or phrase exactly as you have set it.
- Contains: the answer will be triggered if the visitor writes a phrase or word that contains the phrases or words in your configuration or if the word is written in a similar way but the match is not exact.
- Intelligent (recommended): Cliengo will try to understand the meaning of the word even when it doesn't match exactly the one that you have configured. In this method, the chatbot will try to identify the root of the word and identify its derivatives.
- Regex (advanced): There is a fourth option available to program regular expressions. This option should only be used if you have some coding knowledge. You can find more information about regex here.
In addition to this, the new version has two additional options: the first one allows you to pause the conversation once that answer is triggered until the visitor sends another message and the second one makes the chatbot to stop sending messages at all.
The second option could be useful in order to filter unwanted contacts. In the example shown in the image above, you can see how it's used to filter contacts that are using the chat to find about current job searches. These are unwanted contacts as they don't qualify as leads, therefore, using the option prevents these contacts from being stored and counting towards the monthly contact limit.
If you don't have the new version available, you can send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will enable the beta version for you.